Speeding Ticket LawyerIs your lead foot giving you legal problems? Leg cramp caused your foot to hit the gas? If you’ve received a speeding ticket in Greensboro, High Point or Asheboro, our Attorneys can help. A study conducted over an 18 day Period in July 2013, found that in North Carolina a Traffic Ticket is handed out at pace that’s a little MORE THAN 1 TICKET PER MINUTE. There were 30,206 Traffic Tickets handed out in North Carolina over that 18 day period. In Guilford County there were 1,564 Tickets Issued in those 18 days, which comes to about 87 Tickets per day. In Randolph County there were 380 Traffic Citations Issued, which comes to roughly 21 tickets each day. So if you were feeling bad about your speeding ticket, by all means realize that there were 1677 other drivers who received a Traffic Ticket in North Carolina the same day you did. This being said, the most important thing to look at when examining a speeding ticket case is the applicable laws or statutes. In both Guilford and Randolph County Traffic Tickets have the prospect of being reduced to a lesser charge. Resolving a Speeding Ticket Case requires communication with your local District Attorney’s Office. The Assistant District Attorney is like you and I, with the only difference being that their job involves searching out, ‘the interest of justice.’
You and I, we want MERCY. And it’s our hope that the Assistant District Attorney we speak with doesn’t get too caught up in the Interest of Justice and instead finds it in their heart to have MERCY on us.
One thing the general public is not aware of is Speeding Convictions CAN REVOKE your license.Potential areas for License Revocations due to SPEEDING charges include:
1. TWO or MORE Speeding Convictions in Excess of 55 MPH, but NOT MORE than 80 MPH within a 12 Month Period – Driving Privileges are available.
2. TWO or MORE Speeding Convictions, one for RECKLESS DRIVING and one of SPEEDING in EXCESS of 55 MPH, but NOT MORE than 80 MPH, within a 12 Month Period – Driving Privileges are available.
3. TWO or MORE Speeding Convictions, one of AGGRESSIVE DRIVING and one of SPEEDING in EXCESS OF 55 MPH, but NOT MORE than 80 MPH, within a 12 Month Period- Driving Privileges are available.
4. Conviction of Speeding in Excess of 75 MPH where the MAXIMUM SPEED is LESS THAN 70 MPH
5. Conviction of Speeding in Excess of 80 MPH where the MAXIMUM SPEED is 70 MPH
6. Conviction of Speeding in Excess of 15 MPH ABOVE the SPEED LIMIT, in Excess of 55 MPH; and
7. Conviction of Speeding in Excess of 80 MPH
It is important to note, that Speeding Tickets in excess of 25 MPH over the speed limit are NOT ELIGIBLE for either a Prayer for Judgment Continued (PJC) or a reduction to an Improper Equipment.
Call us at (336) 379-0539 or contact us to schedule a free, in-depth consultation with our experienced lawyers. Our attorney in Greensboro is here to help you with your speeding ticket. Speak with a Greensboro attorney at our law firm today so we can get you the best possible resolution of your speeding ticket.