Greensboro Slip and Fall Lawyer
A slip and fall lawyer in Greensboro, NC from Garrett, Walker, Aycoth, & Olson, Attorneys at Law know that slip and fall accidents can happen for a variety of reasons, such as uneven sidewalks, icy pathways, wet floors, spilled substances, and construction site hazards. In these instances, someone else may be held responsible for your damages and losses. If you aren’t sure if your situation qualifies you for compensation, our team can provide a consultation so you understand your options.
Other ways that a slip and falls may occur can be from broken stairways, slippery surfaces, falls from heights, parking ramp falls, or fall from a balcony/terrace. Your lawyer can perform an investigation into the accident to see if any of the following factors apply:
- There is a history of negligence of the property or business owner
- There is a history of complaints about a property hazard that went unattended to or not completely resolved
- Whether the accident could have been avoided if proper safety measures had been taken by the owner
As your NC slip and fall lawyer in Greensboro can explain, owners have a duty to those visiting or residing on their property. If they are found negligent in their responsibilities, they may have to pay restitution to those who were injured. Each slip and fall accident is unique to that individual, so discussing how to move forward with a lawyer is strongly advised. Compensation can help victims pay for lost wages, medical bills, rehabilitation, pain and suffering, and more. Don’t hesitate to contact our law firm now for support.
For those living in places where there is ice and snow, it’s important to remember that property owners must ensure their sidewalks, parking lots, and entire property is safe for people to visit and use. Thus, a property owner has to remove ice, snow, and debris within a timely and thorough manner. If you or someone you know has slipped and fallen, here are steps to take to protect your best interest and help strengthen your case:
- Take pictures and video of the accident scene, visible injuries, and clothing
- Gather name and contact information of bystanders who saw it happen
- File an accident report with the appropriate person, whether that be a store supervisor, property owner, etc., and get a copy for your own records
If you need prompt and experienced assistance from a legal team, you can rely on a slip and fall lawyer in Greensboro, North Carolina from Garrett, Walker, Aycoth, & Olson, Attorneys at Law.