Workers Comp Lawyer

Workers’ compensation is designed to help you if you are injured at work or on a job. It is the responsibility of every employer with three or more employees in North Carolina to have workers’ compensation insurance. Although you may feel like you are hurting your employer by filing, please remember that is what the insurance is for – to help good people like you who suffer work related injuries. You are not filing a lawsuit against your employer, nor entering into an antagonistic relationship, but simply fulfilling the promise the insurance makes, to help you get better! The ultimate goal of everyone should be the same – to return you to your job, as efficient and as a valued as you were prior to the accident or injury.

The responsibility of your employer or their insurance company is to pay for any medical treatment. The treatment should cure your injury, assist you in getting back to work, or relive your pain. This includes the any body part directly impacted by your injury as well as other medical conditions that are a direct and natural consequence of the injury. You may be entitled to disability benefits

It is important that you report any injuries immediately to your supervisor, and follow up in writing. Record your memories of the accident, including anyone who may have been a witnesses. Seek medical attention, and be clear about where and how the injury occurred (on the job). Make sure this information and medical bill goes to the employers’ insurance company, and follow up with them. They should provide you with what is called a Form 19, which is the only proof you will receive that the insurance company has acknowledged that your claim exists. Next, file a Form 18 with the North Carolina Industrial Commission, even if your employer knows about and documented the incident. We recommend consulting with an experienced Workers’ Compensation Attorney prior to filing out this form, it may be the most important document in your case.

You should file this claim within 30 days. However, failure to file within 30 days does not necessarily end the case, you may have up to two years of the date of the injury to file. Describe your accident and injury in detail, leaving nothing out. You should certainly give a copy to your employer, but make sure you file the claim yourself; do not rely on your employer to do so.

Many valid claims are first denied by an employer or their insurance company. If this occurs, no worries, you have a right to file a Form 33 Request for Hearing with the NC Industrial Commission. We strongly recommend that you consult with one of our skilled Workers’ Compensation Attorneys to assist you through this process.

Some workplace injuries are not the result of an accident, but rather long term exposure to harmful material, loud noises, or even repetitive movements. These are called Occupational Diseases, and these gradual injuries are also covered by workers’ compensation insurance.

We can assist you at any stage of your case, and are always happy to speak to you immediately. You deserve the full medical, wage and disability benefits that you are entitled to, and we will aggressively pursue your rights and litigate to protect your health and wellbeing. Being injured on the job is not just a physical hurt, but causes emotional distress and anguish for both you and your loved ones. Let us navigate the complexities for you, and assist in restoring you to health and happiness. Contact our Greensboro Workers Compensation Lawyers today, we are here to help! Garrett, Walker, Aycoth & Olson is located at 317 S Greene St, Greensboro, NC 27401. Our Workers Comp lawyers can be reached at 336-379-0539. Call Today. Our entire legal team is here to help you!