High Point DWI & DUI: Assessments

In Criminal by GWAO

Substance Abuse Assessments

A Substance Abuse Assessment is essentially an interview to determine whether you have a problem with alcohol or drugs. The assessment will also provide a recommendation for treatment that could range from a few hours of classes to potentially a month in an in-patient rehab facility. If you are convicted of a DWI, a judge will usually order that you get an assessment and that you comply with the recommendations of that assessment.

Getting an assessment will help you in three ways. First, you must have this done in order to qualify for a Limited Driving Privilege, if you are eligible. Second, it may greatly help you when the judge is determining what level your DWI is (discussed below). Third, a judge is likely to order that you get an assessment anyway, so if you get it done early, this is one less thing you have to worry about.

Our High Point DUI Lawyers are here to help you with your assessment. Contact our law firm should you need help or have any questions. Our Greensboro attorney is here to help!

Where to get an assessment


  1. Al-Con Counseling Services

609 Walter Reed Dr.

Greensboro, NC 27403


  1. Family Services of the Piedmont

315 E. Washington St.                     4101Long St.

Greensboro, NC                                High Point, NC

(336) 387-6161                                (336) 889-6161


  1. Alcohol and Drug Services of Guilford (ADS)

301 E. Washington St., Suite 101

Greensboro, NC 27401

(336) 333-6860


  1. The Ringer Center

213 E. Bessemer Avenue

Greensboro, NC 27401

(336) 379-7144