We have a number of opinions interpreting the act element but much less guidance on the relationship requirement.
The statute states that personal relationship means that the parties:
(1) Are current or former spouses;
(2) Are persons of opposite sex who live together or have lived together;
(3) Are related as parents and children, including others acting in loco parentis to a minor child, or as grandparents and grandchildren – except no order of protection against a child or grandchild under the age of 16;
(4) Have a child in common;
(5) Are current or former household members;
(6) Are persons of the opposite sex who are or have been in a dating relationship.