Greensboro Child Support Lawyers

“Tweaking” of Custody Orders Not Allowed

In Family by GWAO

Custody orders can be modified only when there has been a substantial change in circumstances affecting the welfare of the child. So what can be done when there is a change that is not actually substantial or that has little or no impact on the welfare of the child but which makes the existing parenting plan inconvenient or more expensive for the parents?

If the court does not conclude there has been a substantial change affecting the children, the court cannot change any part of a custody order. This means a court cannot make minor adjustments to visitation details or any other minor change, even if necessary for the existing parenting plan to work.

Contact our Greensboro Divorce Lawyers today to discuss your custody litigation!