Greensboro Divorce Lawyer

In Uncategorized by GWAO

Greensboro Family Attorney

Many times custody cases come out of divorce cases. These can have to do with determining the paternity of a child. A civil action to determine the paternity of a child born out of wedlock may be brought by the child’s father, the child’s mother or personal representative, the child by himself, or through a guardian ad litem, the director of social services, or a child support agent.

The child is not required to be a party in the civil action. If a civil action to establish paternity is commenced after the putative father’s death, the putative father’s personal representative or the administrator of the estate is a necessary party.

For more on Family Law call Meghan O’Keeffe at Garrett, Walker, Aycoth, & Olson (336)379-0539