Greensboro 50B Hearings

In Uncategorized by GWAO

What do I do about my 50b?

A 50b is a protective order put into place to protect someone in a domestic relationship. They can be intimidating, especially if you’ve never been through the process before. The best thing to do when you get a 50b is to work to obtain a consent order. This can resolve the issues between the parties and leave open any necessary means of communication. If a consent order is not possible between the parties, it becomes best in many cases to take it to trial and see who the trial court judge believes best. This is always a gamble however, because depending on the judge especially, you could get slammed.